My next series of childbirth classes will begin on Monday, March 25, 2019. Please read for more information and contact me with any questions!
I have been teaching childbirth education classes since 2012 and have had over 140 couples take my classes. I initially was certified with The Bradley Method® but beginning in 2019 I will use Plumtree Baby materials to teach. I also draw upon my years of childbirth education, doula work, and personal experience as a mother to teach. In our classes, you will learn:
- How to stay healthy and low-risk through your pregnancy through proper pregnancy nutrition and exercise.
- The risks and benefits of common procedures.
- Your options related to prenatal care and birth.
- To make informed decisions.
- The natural process of labor and birth and what both mom and dad should expect.
- How partners can support women through pregnancy, labor, and birth; being her coach and advocate!
- How to avoid unnecessary pain and effective ways to handle pain you do experience.
- How to reduce your risk of a cesarean section and improve your chances of a VBAC.
- How to work as a team with your obstetric provider.
- How to have the birth you desire!
Classes are held in our home in Jackson, MS and are $350 for 10 weeks of instruction. Classes are around 2.5 hours (I would make this a date night!) and include:
- learning about pregnancy, labor, birth, breastfeeding, and newborn care
- labor rehearsals
- relaxation exercises
- guest speakers including labor & delivery nurses, lactation consultants, physicians, midwives, past students, etc.
The price includes your Plumtree Baby materials, a copy of newly revised version of “Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way” to borrow during the length of your classes, plus access to my lending library with dozens of books and DVDs on birth and breastfeeding. You will need to bring a blanket and two pillows with you to class. I require a deposit of $75 to hold your spot in the class that will be applied to the total cost of $350. I will be happy to work out a payment plan with you. Please contact me in advance if payment is an issue.
Classes size is limited, so register early to reserve your spot!
Please understand what a TREMENDOUS value these classes are—you will receive around 25 hours of instruction! A hospital class gives you some information, but they have a vested interest in the information they share. Hospital classes are much shorter with less information and are much larger, lacking personal attention. In contrast, my classes are small and incorporate sufficient time to learn how to work together as a
team to bring your child into this world and have a healthy, happy pregnancy.
Current Available Classes (Start Date)
- My next class series will begin on Monday, March 25, 2019. Classes will meet at 6:30 pm for 10 weeks. This class series is great for moms with due dates ranging from late May through July or August. Please contact me to pay your deposit to reserve a spot in the class! I would love for you to join us.
Feel free to call or text me at 601-201-2493 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. I would love for you to be a part of our class!